Get ready for the NFL Super Bowl LV celebration in Rocket League
It’s gametime! The NFL and Rocket League are preparing for Super Bowl kickoff next week with our latest in-game event: the NFL Super Bowl LV Celebration. The event is bringing the brand new game mode, Gridiron, plus new Event Challenges and the return of the NFL Fan Pack. It all starts February 2 and will be live until February 8.
Hit the Gridiron
Huddle up! Champions Field has been transformed, complete with hash marks and the NFL logo at the 50-yard line. But before you hoist the trophy in victory, you have to learn the rules.
Here are the rules of Gridiron:
- The standard Rocket League ball has been replaced with an American football in this 4v4 mode.
- Touching the ball attaches it to the roof of your car.
- If any player touches the ball, that player becomes the ball carrier, setting up the opportunity for hand-offs to teammates or steals by the other team.
- The carrier can single jump, but double jumping drops the ball. You can also pass the ball by dodging.
- Each goal is 3 or 7 points: 7 points are awarded if the ball is attached to a player when entering the opponent’s goal, and 3 points are awarded if the ball is passed in or if the ball is loose. All own-goals are worth 3 points whether the ball is attached or it’s loose.
- Demos require Supersonic speed just like in standard modes.
- Stay in bounds! You’ll fumble the ball if you cross the line marked on the Arena wall.
Now throw on your pads, get out there, and have some fun. Plus, we’re adding three Event Challenges that can be completed to unlock the Gridiron Guru Player Title, NFL Wheels, and 20,000 XP. These Challenges and the Gridiron LTM Playlist are live from February 2 through February 8.
To round out the festivities, the NFL Fan Pack will return to the Item Shop. In case you missed it when it was available, this pack contains Octane Decals for all 32 NFL teams and is available for 800 Credits. Equip your favorite team’s Decal, hit the Gridiron, and be sure to share some of your wild highlights. Hut hut hike![This article originally appeared on PlayStation Blog]