- Undead Labs commissioned Black artist Ty Ferrell to create a t-shirt design in honor of Black History Month.
- The limited-edition t-shirt is available for purchase from the official Xbox Gear shop; a free in-game version will be available to State of Decay 2 players.
- Profits from the t-shirt sales will go to the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), in addition to a one-time $5,000 donation from Undead Labs.
At Undead Labs, we make games about surviving together. The heart and strength of the community lie at the foundation of the State of Decay games, and this is by design. We believe this is also true in the real world, and that we do our best work when we come together. Undead Labs is proud to stand in support of the Black community and Team Xbox in celebration of Black History Month.
Starting today, all State of Decay 2 players will notice a new item in their game after the latest update. A free cosmetic t-shirt designed by artist Ty Ferrell will be automatically added to their character closet in honor of Black History Month.
This original t-shirt design is also available now as a limited-edition physical t-shirt for purchase from the official Xbox Gear Shop, with profits from the sales donated to the NAACP ($5.50 per T-shirt). Neither Undead Labs nor Microsoft will profit from the sale of these t-shirts. In addition, Undead Labs is making a one-time $5,000 donation to the NAACP. No reprints are planned as these commemorative t-shirts are only available from Monday, February 8 to Monday, March 1, 2021.
We commissioned Black artist Ty Ferrell to create the original t-shirt design for us, inspired by his passion for social justice, NAACP’s “We Are Done Dying” campaign, and by the themes and motifs of State of Decay. Ty was strongly moved by the sentiment as a bold stance against the continued unnecessary loss of life, so he drew parallels between this defiant proclamation of wanting to live, and surviving in the zombie apocalypse.
This striking original artwork features a figure kneeling in peaceful protest. Behind him, raised fists form a shape that echoes the familiar State of Decay eagle logo. Beneath him is the motif from State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition.
We’re proud to support the Black community and Team Xbox to celebrate of Black History Month in this unique collaboration with Ty Ferrel and the NAACP. Learn more about the various events in support of Black creators throughout the month here on Xbox Wire.
State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
Xbox Game Studios
– Providence Ridge, a brand-new map in a rugged logging town
– Remastered graphical, mission, UI and technical improvements based on community feedback
– A new category of heavy melee weapons with new moves to bust zombie heads
– A brand-new tutorial and improved controls to help you become the ultimate survivor
– Cross-platform multiplayer so you and up to three friends can survive the apocalypse together With the new Juggernaut Edition, it’s never been a better time to test your survival skills in State of Decay 2.