- The Prologue Campaign for Total War: Warhammer III introduces you to the game’s fantastical world and how to build a massive army.
- You’ll also learn how effective diplomacy can be for gaining allies and even setting rival factions at war with each other.
- Total War: Warhammer III is available today with PC Game Pass.
Total War: Warhammer III – available to play today with PC Game Pass — is the largest game we’ve ever created with more Lords to choose from and armies to command than ever before. But if you’re a new general, you might be as confused as a mortal wandering through Tzeentch’s impossible fortress!
Not to worry. Yes, this is the third title in this trilogy, but there is no better time to start marshalling your forces and building empires in the world of Warhammer Fantasy. The game starts with a brand-new experience, a bespoke narrative campaign designed to bring you up to speed and refresh lapsed generals in both the basics and advanced techniques of warmongering. This Prologue Campaign features an epic tale that leads into the story of the main game.
Total War, no matter if it’s set in a historical period or a fantastical world, is a game of two modes: on the campaign map you will manage settlements and advance your armies to grow your fiefdoms. When your army encounters an enemy, then battle is joined, and the game will enter the second mode: a tactical battle featuring potentially hundreds of warriors at your command.
The prologue starts in the campaign layer of the game, teaching basic movement, building, and settlement management. As the campaign progresses, the settlements you capture will get larger with more construction options. Before long, you’ll be running a growing number of camps, gaining wealth, and feeding troops. Even in the harsh environments of the Chaos Wastes.
Of course, to get those settlements you’ll need an army, and the Prologue introduces this facet of the game in a clear way. Worry not! You don’t have to know the difference between a Bloodletter and Bloodthirster to start with. You’ll first have some human units, allowing you recruit a good mix of ranged, melee and cavalry before bringing you into the tumult of battle. Even then, you’ll have Gerik, your reliable brother in the narrative who shall guide you through those early manoeuvres – there’s nothing quite like seeing your first successful charge mow down the foe!
Despite the name, Total War, it’s not just about blade and arrow, words have power here too. The prologue campaign will show you how effective diplomacy can be for gaining allies and even setting rival factions at war with each other. Or for projecting your own power to any that dare oppose you.
Total War: Warhammer III is a vast game full of epic characters, dying gods, transforming dragons, greedy ogres, brave defenders, and stranded daemons… for the newbie it might feel a little bit intimidating, but the Prologue campaign gives you all the tools you need, not just get by, but thrive in this awesome world, allowing you to explore and dominate all of it!
Total War: Warhammer III is now playable with PC Game Pass and available for purchase on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10/11. Early adopters can enjoy the Ogre Kingdoms DLC for free for a limited time – this deal will end on February 24.
Conquer your Daemons… welcome to Total War: Warhammer III!
Total War: WARHAMMER III + Early Adopter Bonus
In the most ambitious and groundbreaking Total War title to date, dive into a captivating narrative that will take you to the mind-bending Realm of Chaos and back again. Forge your empire in a strategy sandbox that ensures no two campaigns are ever the same. CHOOSE YOUR HERO
Play as 10 Legendary Lords! Will you side with the Chaos Gods and take one of their Daemonic Champions, play as an ancient transforming Dragon from Grand Cathay, defend the frozen nation of Kislev with the Ice Queen or play the ultimate villain as the Daemon Prince? UNLEASH YOUR INNER DAEMON
Customise the Daemon Prince to your own unique design with a huge suite of body parts and powers, creating billions of potential combinations to suit your own playstyle. MULTIPLAYER CHAOS
Multiplayer is now bigger than ever. With the vast 8-player Realm of Chaos multiplayer campaign, the intense 1 v 1 Domination mode, the story-driven multiplayer campaigns built around Kislev and Grand Cathay and ranked & custom battles, there’s no shortage of ways to cause chaos with friends. Ogre Kingdoms – Early Adopter Bonus The Ogres have heard the call: the ultimate prize – the ultimate meal – is within reach, for he with the guts to strike forth and grasp it! Ogre Kingdoms DLC content includes:
• Skrag the Slaughterer (Legendary Lord)
• Greasus Goldtooth (Legendary Lord)
• Tyrant (Lord)
• Slaughtermaster (Lord)
• Hunter (Hero)
• Butcher (Hero)
• Firebelly (Hero)
• + 23 units *The Ogre Kingdoms Early Adopter Bonus offer is available until 24th February, 2022. After the offer ends, Ogre Kingdoms DLC will be available to purchase separately. OGRE KINGDOMS RACE PACK PROMOTION – FREE WITH MICROSOFT PC GAME PASS AND TOTAL WAR ACCESS Attention PC Game Pass subscribers: For a limited time, claim the Ogre Kingdoms DLC free* with PC Game Pass by connecting your Microsoft Account with your Total War Access account. This offer is limited, please see promo page for details: https://totalwar.com/ogrekingdoms *Requires ownership of Total War: WARHAMMER III base game through Microsoft store or PC Game Pass. Product codes must be claimed from Total War Access during the promotional period beginning 17th of February and ending 24th February, 2022. Customers must link their Total War Access and Microsoft accounts prior to redeeming their product code. Product code must be redeemed through official Microsoft web site or application before 3rd March, 2022. See how to redeem product codes here. Offer limited to Microsoft platform on PC. Limit one code per customer and account. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.